MOST Network proudly serves as a statewide intermediary sponsor for AmeriCorps VISTA projects, supporting more and better out of school time (OST) programs for Maryland youth.
MOST VISTAs are full-time, paid national service members, who serve with an organization for a one-year project term. VISTAs find creative and lasting solutions to build capacity for OST and youth development organizations.
Having served the region for nearly a decade, our AmeriCorps VISTA program members serve as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to advance local solutions.
- Inspire the future STEM workforce by engaging youth in high quality STEM learning opportunities.
- Support summer programming to combat learning loss and provide healthy, enriching activities for students.
- Launch innovative projects that expand access, improve quality, facilitate collaboration, and create new initiatives for OST programs statewide.
- Develop a diverse, equity-centered workforce to strengthen the capacity of the youth development field to meet the needs of communities impacted by poverty.
- 150 VISTA members successfully placed at project sites throughout Maryland.
- 25+ VISTA members placed in the 2023.
- $4 million leveraged through fundraising efforts.
- 4200 community volunteers recruited and managed for 20,000 hours of service.
- 14,000 youth served annually as a result of VISTA projects.
“I loved the Maryland 4 Youth conference last November. I like how approachable and supportive the MOST team were during the racial inequity crisis that impacted the nation, through check-ins, providing VISTA professional development resources, granting me the chance to meet top AmeriCorps Leadership, and generally caring about my me and my cohort.”
-MOST Cohort Member, 2019
“I definitely feel that this year was successful. I obtained a lot of skills and knowledge that has helped me for my future career.”
-MOST Cohort Member, 2020
“Just knowing that I could reach out with any questions to MOST VISTA Team was hugely helpful. Being so far away from MOST, having them as quick-responders via email was great!”
-MOST Cohort Member, 2021
“From the orientation for organizations and site supervisors to the sharing of well-triaged VISTA candidates to the ongoing support for the VISTA and the hosting organization-I have been impressed and appreciative of the MOST administration’s care, wisdom, and support throughout the years. MOST VISTAs have helped AOB to strengthen our youth-centered programming, providing our primarily BIPOC population of creative constituents with resources and opportunities that their more affluent peers often have access to.”
-Arts on The Block
Questions about applying to be a VISTA or becoming a sponsor site?
Contact Andrew Neuman at Aneuman@MOSTNetwork.org.