Leveraging State & Federal Recovery Funds for OST
With the passage of the American Rescue Plan Act on March 11th, 2021, an unprecedented amount of funds will soon be in the hands of local education agencies all across the country to address learning gaps created and accelerated by the covid-19 pandemic. Of this, nearly $30 billion has been allocated for use by out of school time programs over the next 3 years.
We at MOST recognize the historic nature of this opportunity and are working hard to facilitate collaboration among the many stakeholders involved in this process, from program providers and local governments, to students, parents, and teachers. This page will be updated in the coming weeks to reflect the directives issued by government agencies at the federal, state, and local levels as to how this money can be spent.
Collaborate With our OST Partners
Register your OST program, school, or school district in our collaboration portal to identify areas of collaboration and expansion with our afterschool and summer partners. Search for new opportunities and build lasting partnerships to better suit your organization's goals and needs!
Reach Out to Local Officials
Bidding, purchasing, and procurement pages for each county in the Maryland public schools system.
Data & Resources
- Statement from MOST Network On MSDE's Plan for the ARP ESSER Fund
- Read our recommendation letter to MSDE and Local School Districts
- Covid-19 Recovery & Reopening principles
- 2020 Out of School Time Census
Help Kids Recover
Maryland State Dept. of Education
- MD Afterschool Profile
- American Rescue Plan Resources
- Afterschool as a Critical Component for Students' Recovery
Council of Chief State School Officers
US Department of Education
View Past Webinars
- American Rescue Plan: How To Access Funds for Afterschool and Summer (Afterschool Alliance)
- $122 Billion for Education in the American Rescue Plan: What It Means for OST Programs (NSLA)
- Leveraging Recovery Funds for Community Schools and OST Programs (MOST Network)
- Summer Expanded Learning Town Hall with Sen. Chris Van Hollen
- ESSA Session 1: What Do ESSA’s Evidence Requirements Mean for My Organization? (MOST Network)
- ESSA Session 2: How Do I Find Evidence of Similar Programs for My Application?
- ESSA Session 3: How Do I Create A Logic Model for My Organization?
- ESSA Session 4: How Do I Plan for Future Evaluations of My Program?