Seeds 4 Success
Brief Program Description:
Working together as a community to provide children from low income communities with the skills and support to achieve success in school and life.
Every child in Annapolis has the opportunity to build a bright future.
Seeds 4 Success grew out of neighbors’ concerns about escalating crime in nearby public housing communities and the well-being of children living there. With a $500 check from the local civic association, seven women started a girls club. Right from the start, girls asked for homework help. The women soon came to understand the many challenges facing children growing up in poverty.
Today, Seeds 4 Success has grown from a grass-roots effort to a 501c3 award-winning organization with four programs listed below.
For elementary and middle school students: Eastport Girls and Eastport Boys Club (EGC & EBC)
For high school students: Academic and Career Exploration Club (ACEC)
For low-income seniors 55 and older: S4S Foster Grandparents
For S4S Youth –
Improved academic performance
Improved social skills
Positive experiences and interactions
Personal goal setting and attainment
For S4S Parents/Caregivers –
Increased involvement in child’s academic success
Improved parenting skills
Personal and family goal setting
Social connection/social family cohesion
K-5, 6-8, 9-12
How are most of your sites currently operating?
Are you planning on offering virtual programming during the summer of 2021? Yes
Do you have the capacity to provide in-person summer programs in 2021? No
- How many sites could you operate?
- How many children could you serve per site?
Do you have the capacity to provide in-person afterschool programs during the 2021-2022 school year? Yes
- How many sites could you operate? 3-4
- How many children could you serve per site? 10-25
What counties are are you interested in working in?
What types of programming do you offer?
Tutoring, Homework Support, Math, Science/STEM, Literacy, Arts, Cultural Awareness, Social-Emotional Learning, 21st Century Skills, Mentoring, Career and College Readiness, Physical Activity/Exercise, Field Trips
- Additional services:
Do you have ESSA approval in any county in Maryland? No
- If yes, which counties?
Do you provide transportation to your programs? Yes
Are you interested in partnering with other program providers? Yes
- Briefly describe the kind of partnerships you may be looking for: We are prioritizing multiple partnerships. First, we would like to work with organizations that are able to provide mental health and social-emotional supports such as trauma-informed practices/brain science trainings, counseling, crisis prevention and response and consultancy. We are also looking for partners that can provide CCR and enrichment experiences for our youth both before the start of our programs weekly as well as weekends and summer time opportunities.
We are excited to re-open in-person programming in 2022 for youth in Annapolis at various locations. Please note that our transportation is currently limited to 4-6 children at once using our S4S van and is first come, first serve.