STEM Champions of Baltimore Inc
Brief Program Description:
We provide aspirational STEM experiences and resources for Baltimore city middle and high school youth. We run the Md Science Olympiad tournament program for over 30 city schools during the school year. We have a variety of STEM curriculum choices for OST providers.
How are most of your sites currently operating?
In-person, Hybrid, Virtual
Are you planning on offering virtual programming during the summer of 2021? No
Do you have the capacity to provide in-person summer programs in 2021? No
- How many sites could you operate?
- How many children could you serve per site?
Do you have the capacity to provide in-person afterschool programs during the 2021-2022 school year? Yes
- How many sites could you operate? 50
- How many children could you serve per site? 15
What counties are are you interested in working in?
What types of programming do you offer?
Science/STEM, Social-Emotional Learning, Career and College Readiness
- Additional services:
Do you have ESSA approval in any county in Maryland? No
- If yes, which counties?
Do you provide transportation to your programs? No
Are you interested in partnering with other program providers? Yes
- Briefly describe the kind of partnerships you may be looking for: We partner with city OST providers and schools to run STEM clubs. These include Md Science Olympiad tournament programs, as well as themed STEM curriculum, including Black Panther, Hidden Figures, Engineers, and custom programming. We provide intensive on-site and virtual support, and training. We provide affordable, accessible and engaging options. We have successful partnerships for over 7 years with a variety of city OST programs.