Brief Program Description:
FutureMakers brings hands-on experiences with real tools and creative technologies into OST classrooms. Our team of maker educators work alongside your staff to provide embedded professional learning, or virtual coaching with our 1:1 hands-on learning kits.
How are most of your sites currently operating?
Are you planning on offering virtual programming during the summer of 2021? Yes
Do you have the capacity to provide in-person summer programs in 2021? Yes
- How many sites could you operate? 12 / week
- How many children could you serve per site? Up to 20 per cohort / hour
Do you have the capacity to provide in-person afterschool programs during the 2021-2022 school year? Yes
- How many sites could you operate? Up to 10/week
- How many children could you serve per site? Up to 25 per cohort/hour, depending on state limits on classroom gatherings.
What counties are are you interested in working in?
Allegany, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Baltimore City, Calvert, Caroline, Carroll, Cecil, Charles, Dorchester, Frederick, Garrett, Harford, Howard, Kent, Montgomery, Prince George’s, Queen Anne’s, St. Mary’s, Somerset, Talbot, Washington, Wicomico, Worcester
What types of programming do you offer?
Science/STEM, Social-Emotional Learning, Other Services
- Additional services: Staff development, 1:1 materials kits
Do you have ESSA approval in any county in Maryland? Yes
- If yes, which counties? Baltimore City
Do you provide transportation to your programs? No
Are you interested in partnering with other program providers? Yes
- Briefly describe the kind of partnerships you may be looking for: We’re looking to partner with organizations that are looking to support students with language access and / or special educational needs.
FutureMakers is a great resource for organizations that are seeking high-engagement, evidence-based STEAM enrichment – either facilitated by a visiting coach, or indirectly through curated materials, pro kits and staff development.