Website Asian American Youth Leadership Empowerment and Development
AALEAD supports low-income and underserved Asian Pacific American youth with educational empowerment, identity development, and leadership opportunities through after school, summer, and mentoring programs.
AALEAD seeks detailed oriented and youth centric individuals to join a dynamic and committed team as Program Facilitation Coordinators. These individuals play critical roles in ensuring that all program and event logistics are in place, supplies and resources are delivered to sites in a timely manner and periodically leading the implementation of youth programming in AALEAD’s target communities: Northern Virginia; Washington DC; and Montgomery County, Maryland.
The ideal candidate has a passion for youth development, and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of underserved communities, especially with AAPI youth and communities. AALEAD will provide ongoing training and development opportunities for Program Facilitation Coordinators.
Skills and Qualifications
- Individuals who have worked or volunteered in similar settings (e.g. summer camps for underserved youth), or are seeking a BA/BS in education, social work, liberal arts, or a related field.
- A passion for or experience working with youth or teaching.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to identify problems and implement effective solutions and strategies.
- Commitment to providing exceptional programs to youth and support to them and their families.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience working with and/or knowledgeable about the issues and needs of AAPI immigrant youth and families.
- Organized and attentive to details.
- Ability to work on site primarily during after school hours with the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as scheduled.
- Fluency in any Asian language is strongly Desired.
To apply, please email your resume and a short letter of interest indicating your alignment with the role. In the subject line, indicate the role you are applying for (i.e. “Application for Program Facilitation Coordinator”). Please email all materials to Akil Vohra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com