Website Latin American Youth Center (LAYC)
Latin American Youth Center/
Maryland Multicultural Centers
Title: Case Manager
Salary Range: $45,000-$48,000
Location: Silver Spring, MD
LAYC/MMYC is an organization that makes a difference in our community. We invite you to join our talented staff and become a part of an organization that is known for its commitment to excellence, mission, and respect for youth. We value diversity as a strength, with 85% of our staff identifying as people of color. We prioritize recruiting and supporting staff who have shared life experiences as our youth.
JOIN US AND SUPPORT YOUTH TO LIVE, WORK, AND STUDY WITH DIGNITY, HOPE, AND JOY!
LAYC/MMYC’s mission is to empower a diverse population of youth to achieve a successful transition to adulthood, through multicultural, comprehensive, and innovative programs that address youths’ social, academic, and career needs. To achieve that mission, LAYC/MMYC provides services and opportunities to approximately 5,000 individuals annually to support academic achievement, promote healthy behaviors, and guide youth toward successful adulthood. LAYC/MMYC also conducts advocacy and public policy work to broaden opportunities for youth.
This position is listed for the LAYC-MMYC MoCo Reconnect Program at Montgomery County site. MoCo Reconnect serves youth ages 16-24 through education, workforce development, and wrap-around case management support. The Case Manager is responsible for providing participants with one-on-one mentorship, case management services, and social emotional learning workshops as well as assistance and referrals to needed services. The Case Manager is also responsible for assisting participants with the GED enrollment process, Pre GED testing, and completing and updating participants’ Individual Development Plan (IDP).
In addition to a friendly work environment, we are pleased to offer the following benefits to our employees.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with prescription coverage
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Voluntary long-term disability and supplemental life insurance
- Matching 401(k) program beginning at hire
- Ten days paid vacation leave per year, increasing to 20 with tenure, 12 days paid sick leave per year, 12 paid holidays per year
- Eight weeks paid parental leave, including adoption and foster care
- Health club discounts
- Conduct assessments for new youth and develop an IDP.
- Responsible for meeting with, contacting and providing services to youth, per program policies and guidelines, adhering to timeline set forth in the IDP
- Perform at least bi- weekly outreach calls, texts and emails to engage and check-in with program
- Work with youth on identifying barriers to employment and/or education and utilizing their strengths to develop skills and resources necessary to address those barriers
- Make appropriate internal and external referrals, ensuring that required services are delivered timely.
- Prepare and maintain case files for each participant.
- Make appropriate internal and external referrals, ensuring that required services are delivered on a timely basis.
- Submit Monthly reports on caseload and update roster spreadsheet
- Update IDP at least every 90 days with service planning on short- and long-term goals
- Update Efforts to Outcomes Database with youth participation and relevant engagements
- Attend all meetings and trainings as prescribed
- Assist on other special projects and as needed to complete all other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
- Adhere to all LAYC personnel policies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two years of experience working with underserved adolescents and families, preferably in a community-based and multicultural setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field is a plus.
- Experience working with out of school/ disconnected youth preferred
- Experience working in a community-based and multicultural setting
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of community and local resources in Montgomery County
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to evaluate youth’s emotional, behavioral and social needs and determine the optimal treatment strategies.
- Complete medical, criminal, and child abuse and neglect clearances
- Flexible, energetic, positive individual with commitment to youth development in a high quality, respectful environment
- Ability to work well and communicate with culturally diverse populations
- Flexible schedule, including occasional evenings
- LAYC/MMYC requires the COVID-19 vaccine of all its employees. You will be asked to provide proof of vaccination at the time of your interview and at your onboarding.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
LAYC/MMYC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or status within any other protected group.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Program Manager, Kiara Dominique Williams (Them/They/Their) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com