Banner Neighborhoods Community Corporation (BNCC), a non-profit, is located in east Baltimore. The BNCC’s mission is to empower east Baltimore communities with life-enriching programs for youth and older adults. We are seeking an energetic, knowledgeable, and collaborative person to develop, implement, and manage BNCC’s youth (4th–8th grades) sports programs such as GoKids Go Summer Camp, Engaging Youth in Sports and Banner Community Sports League (BCSL). Currently, BCSL offers soccer, basketball, and track.
This position requires excellent organization, communication, and problem-solving skills; knowledge of child development; prior experience in developing youth programs, coaching youth sports, or working with youth in a recreational or wellness setting; and a passion for service.
- FT 37.5hours/week; willingness to work some evenings &weekends required
- The successful candidate will need to complete and pass a background check before being hired.
To apply, send letter of application, resumé, and at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and position will remain open until filled.
- Coordinate with other program directors and administrative staff.
- Plan, prepare and deliver exceptional youth sports programs and activities to meet Banner’s mission and values and serve the community
- Supervise, hire, train and evaluate staff in program areas.
- Grow program participation by 50% over the next two years.
- Recruit program participants in the communities we serve such as Ellwood Park, McElderry Park, Bocek Park, Madison Eastend, and others
- Collaborate with Program Coordinator to secure program venues and schedule programs.
- Develop new partnerships and maintain existing partnerships.
- Maintain program participants in database
- Convene and facilitate Banner Community Sports League Advisory Committee meetings.
- Ensure programs are meeting grant requirements.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to create annual budget and maintain fiscal control over all aspects of programming.
- Attend Staff meetings as required.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to create a comprehensive marketing plan for programs.
- Assist in maintenance of equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 5 years of experience managing out of school time programs.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team player and leader who can positively and productively impact programmatic excellence.
- Ability to facilitate outcome driven meetings.
- Ability to coach staff team on professional development toward excellence.
- Ability to take the initiative in reaching out to schools and partner organizations.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other staff members.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Superior management and organizational skills.
- Maryland driver’s license and a vehicle.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Familiarity with east Baltimore City is a plus.•Masters’ degree strongly preferred.
- As a condition of employment, employees must have proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Physical Demands: The following describes if the incumbent is expected to exert the following physical demands during a typical workday and the overall frequency.
Codes for “how often” E=extensive(100-70%) M=moderate(60-30%) I=Infrequent (20-10%) A=Almost never(10-0%):
Reports to: Executive Director
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com